[Asterisk-Users] TE411P or TE406P

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Feb 2 07:09:33 MST 2006

Matt wrote:
> You will need a minimum 3.4Ghz Dual xeon with 1G ECC DDR, and hardware voice processing capable E1/T1 card, such as the sangoma 104d quad pci card, in order to run 120 PSTN calls, 1000 calls is impossible for 1 server. Centos Linux should be fine.

This has to be some of the poorest advice I have seen on this list...
what is 'hardware voice processing capable'?

We run 120 channels of TDM on single CPU servers all the time (no
transcoding of course), and the amount of RAM is nearly irrelevant.
Independent tests have shown there is no appreciable performance
difference between the available quad-port T1 cards.

The poster did not ask about handling '1000 calls' nor about Linux
distributions.

> We sell supermicro based * solutions you can contact me off list.

This entire response was clearly an advertisement for your
products/services, and as such is inappropriate for this list.

To the OP: The TE406P and TE411P are identical except for PCI bus
interface voltage. Use whichever your server can accept, and if it can
do both (which is rare), use the TE411P as in the future 5V slots will
be harder to find.