[Asterisk-Users] Dumb Dialout Question

Jason Adams jadams at sumosystems.net
Wed Feb 1 13:31:32 MST 2006

When you dial a zap interface you have to reference the channel.

So:
exten => 190,1,Dial(ZAP/g1/8001112222) ; Cell Phone

Using the above, would dial out on GROUP 1.  When you setup your zaptel
hardware you assign the channels to a group.  You can then reference
that group and * will dial out using an available channel.  Using the
lowercase g will tell * to dial out using channels with a lower number.
Using an uppercaes G will tell * to dial out using the highest channel
number available.

You could also create a variable called TRUNK=ZAP/G1 in your [globals]
section.

Then you could do this:
exten => 190,1,Dial(${TRUNK}/8001112222) ; Cell Phone