[Asterisk-Users] username not stabled? * DO NOT USE USERNAME for locally attached phones!!!

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Feb 1 09:08:59 MST 2006

Sum Ding Wong wrote:
> Olle,
>
> Should I use defaultip and username when configuring gateways that do
> not register to *? Could this be why my gateways are not sending calls
> to the appropriate contexts?

No, you either configure hostname and fromuser in a peer, and dial by

dial(SIP/peername)

or just dial, like

dial(SIP/info at edvina.net)

without a peer. Asterisk will then lookup edvina.net in SRV records and
place the call to the proper proxy.

DefaultIP and username is used to configure a temporary URI to use for
calling peers, while they are unregistred with Asterisk.

/Olle