[asterisk-users] [OT] Wifi SIP phones - LinkSys WIP330

Vernier Umali vernier at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 20:59:53 MST 2006

The best experience I had in using a wifi handset to connect to
asterisk is a windows mobile based PDA. I had the priviledge of
testing a few phones in our company to connect via VOIP. I do not have
any luck using nokia E61 (doesn't register and keeps on hanging). I
would think it's the same with all wifi enabled nokias. I used an Ipaq
6900 series and Asus P55 and both worked well with SIP (SJphone) and
IAX (PPCIAX). For me, this would be better since I will not be
carrying a phone, a PDA and a VOIP phone. It's all in one device.