[asterisk-users] 1.4 Random disconnects

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 15:40:33 MST 2006

> Obviously I'm not the only one with this problem.  We are using sip
> channels only; from our provider and internally between peers.  I have
> set the logger.conf to 'full' and set the core verbosity and haven't
> noticed anything unusual so far.  Although we haven't had a dropped call
> yet.  I will continue to watch the logs and see what happens.  As far as
> reproducing the problem it's hard to stay.  I'm not sure at this point
> how to reproduce the issue.  Sometimes it's on outbound calls (Long
> distance) other times it's on inbound calls.

The best way to deal with a bug from an enduser standpoint:  Do what
you can to come up with a good description for the bug, when and how
it occurs (even if randomly).  If you can generate any info from the
logger that's good, if not, fine.  Then start a new bug report at
bugs.digium.com (you have to sign up for a user account, and then use
the "Report Issue" link), and include all this info.  The key is just
to include as much information as you possibly can about the bug.  A
bug that is this serious will probably be resolved within a very short
amount of time.

- Noah