[asterisk-users] Asterisk and MiniITX setups

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Fri Dec 29 08:20:42 MST 2006

Mark Greene wrote:
> How well do you think asterisk could run on a miniITX board like the
> ones linked below with the call volume of say a small doctors office
> or something?
>
> http://www.mini-box.com/s.nl/sc.8/category.15/.f
> <http://www.mini-box.com/s.nl/sc.8/category.15/.f>

Mark,

I've been playing around with HP Thin Client's as of late.  These units
can be had quite cheaply off of ebaY.  Upgrading the memory and
replacing the ROM boot chip (Uses standard 44pin/44pin laptop connector)
and adding a PCI riser card, would make a wonderful office PBX.  This is
what I've found on ebaY today:

http://cgi.ebay.com/279B-HP-THIN-CLIENT-370450-002_W0QQitemZ150074535639QQihZ005QQcategoryZ11221QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Doug

--