[asterisk-users] Re: Asterisk Queues

Gavin Hamill gdh at laterooms.com
Thu Dec 28 07:15:11 MST 2006

On Thursday 28 December 2006 13:33, Matt wrote:
> Hi,
> Well, in our case, it seems that the issue was being caused by
> announcements.  That is, someone in QUEUE1 would be waiting 15
> minutes.. and QUEUE2 would be waiting 5 minutes.

Yep we noticed this too - it's a rather unfortunate side-effect; we found a
very agreeable workaround, though :)

Instead of making use of the announcement feature, we made a .WAV file which
is 60 seconds long. The first 10 seconds are 'Sorry you have been
waiting....' and the remaining 50 seconds are the sound of telephone
ringing...

This way the customer gets the announcement and indication they are on hold,
and Asterisk processes the queue more elegantly :)

The only side-effect is sometimes a queue member will join in the middle of
the announcement, but this is of little concern to us.

Cheers,
Gavin