[asterisk-users] Re: Asterisk Queues

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 06:33:06 MST 2006

Hi,
Well, in our case, it seems that the issue was being caused by
announcements.  That is, someone in QUEUE1 would be waiting 15
minutes.. and QUEUE2 would be waiting 5 minutes.   The person in
QUEUE1 would be listening to 'we're sorry you are holding so long, if
you'd like to leave a message, press 1 now.. otherwise continue to
hold'... and while they were listening to that an agent would become
available.   Well.. the only queue available now is QUEUE2, so that
caller would get thrown to an agent.  Really what should happen is,
even if Asterisk is playing an announcement in queue.. it should still
consider the call 'active-in-the-queue' and yank it out of the
announcement if an agent becomes available.