[asterisk-users] 1.4.0, IMAP and Dovecot

Ray Jackson ray at jacksonz.net
Wed Dec 27 16:35:57 MST 2006

Dan,

I have IMAP support working now with Courier IMAP.  Since Courier (and
probably Dovecot) do not support a single authuser connection that may
access any mailbox, you have to omit the 'authuser' and 'authpassword'
settings in voicemail.conf and then add the username/password login per
extension... e.g.

[general]

imapserver=localhost
imapport=143
imapflags=novalidate-cert
expungeonhangup=yes

[default]

1234 => 1234,Fred,fred at blah.com,,imapuser=fred|imappassword=fredspasswd
4321 => 4321,Bill,bill at blah.com,,imapuser=bill|imappassword=billspasswd

I couldn't get Realtime voicemail support working using the imapuser or
imappassword - only via the flat-file, although I have a patch that I am
testing that will allow the imapuser and imappassword settings to be
retrieved from Realtime.  The key thing to remember is that you MUST
remove any authuser/authpassword setting in voicemail.conf, otherwise it
doesn't even look for the imapuser/imappassword settings per user.

Cheers,
Ray