[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.4 - no PRI and no Zap?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Dec 26 00:53:07 MST 2006

On Mon, Dec 25, 2006 at 11:48:44PM -0800, Michael Collins wrote:
> > You must use zaptel 1.4 and libpri 1.4. Asterisk 1.4 specifically has
> > checks in the configure script to check for the unique stuff in those
> > versions and the associated channel driver (chan_zap) will not build
> > without it.
>
> I think I found the issue.  My Tor2 clone has a modified driver.  The
> latest driver they've produced is for Zaptel 1.4.0 beta1. I'll wait
> until they produce an official Zap driver version 1.4.0.

I don't think that Zaptel has changed that much, as far as drivers are
concerened. One major change between 1.2 to 1.4 is in the way you define
what gets compiled. That change can raise quite a few support questions.
More so for people with drivers not included in the Zaptel distribution.

But apart from that: have you tried at least building that driver with
1.4.0 ?

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org