[asterisk-users] How accurate is show translation?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Dec 24 10:03:24 MST 2006

On Sun, Dec 24, 2006 at 12:42:58PM +0000, Gordon Henderson wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Dec 2006, James Harper wrote:

> >Ah... I use debian, and they tend to have pretty strict policies on
> >anything that isn't free (as in speech). Without having looked into it
> >further, that would probably explain it.
>
> I use Debian too (sarge), and I got ilibc for nothing ...

The Sarge Asterisk package did include ilbc. It was acknowldged as a
licensing problem in the Etch cycle (not sure exactly when).

> A quick check on
> the sources shows it's included with Asterisk, so shouldn't depend on
> anything Debian has (or hasn't) got, other than a C compiler... Maybe you
> are using Debians packaged version? I don't, but prefer to compile my own.

You can find the code that strips potentially problematic code (in the
eyes of Debian/debian-legal) from the Asterisk tarball in the target
"get-orig-source" of the debian/rules file of the package Asterisk:

http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-voip/asterisk/trunk/debian/rules?op=file

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org