[asterisk-users] How accurate is show translation?

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Sun Dec 24 05:42:58 MST 2006

On Sun, 24 Dec 2006, James Harper wrote:

>> When you built Asterisk, it must have refused to build the ilbc codec
> -
>> I have never seen an Asterisk box that could not transcode ilbc, in
> over
>> 3 years of working with Asterisk.
>>

> Ah... I use debian, and they tend to have pretty strict policies on
> anything that isn't free (as in speech). Without having looked into it
> further, that would probably explain it.

I use Debian too (sarge), and I got ilibc for nothing ... A quick check on the
sources shows it's included with Asterisk, so shouldn't depend on anything
Debian has (or hasn't) got, other than a C compiler... Maybe you are using
Debians packaged version? I don't, but prefer to compile my own.

Gordon