[asterisk-users] The Good, Bad and Scam VoIP Providers

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Sat Dec 23 16:23:41 MST 2006

I seriously doubt trxtel.com scams anyone.  I may be wrong but the
person behind it has been with this community for a long time and has
done nothing post insightful and meaningful things to this list and give
back to the community in many other ways as well.  It is a unique idea
but that is really all I know about it (the service).

I fire customers all the time.  I would probably fire you if you were my
customer based on the way you are ranting.  In these cases, the drain is
not worth it personally or for the business so bye bye.

Bottom line, you get what you pay for.  Check out a provider, try their
customer service, see if there is a toll free number, call it and see if
someone picks up.  Try it over and over.  Use whois to see how long they
have been around, ask questions, and use common sense.  It is called due
diligence.

As for me, I use Asterisk in a very LARGE (although everything is
relative) deployment but I use no VoIP providers.  I terminate to a T3
(28 T1s), all PSTN ULAW.

The only VoIP that we do is INSIDE ONE DATA RACK and is traditional
telephony one form or another outside of that rack.

/"This is information that Asterisk users MUST KNOW." /is simply not
true.  Expand your horizons, expand your vision.  Do not automatically
assume that everyone using Asterisk is using a VoIP provider.  Post to
the biz list where this belongs.

Thanks,
Steve