[asterisk-users] UPDATE - Analog Phones with FSK/Stutter MWI

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Sat Dec 23 14:05:08 MST 2006

Not that I know of. I guess you could speed dial but then my Asterisk
voicemail is 80 so how hard is it to pick up the phone and dial that. I
never had phone company voicemail on a wired line so I don't know how that
works but I suspect you have to dial your own 7 digit or 10 digit
number???

Doug

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006, Bob Chiodini wrote:

> Doug,
>
> Thanks for the info.  I'm glad it works.
>

> One question:  Is there some sort of one-button way to dial in to your
> voicemail?  It seems I read something about it, when I was doing similar
> research?  I think it was the Uniden CLX-465, which claims support of
> "Phone Company" voicemail.  I could not find one locally, however.
>
> Happy Holidays
>
> Bob...
>

> Doug Crompton wrote:
> >  After purchasing the Uniden TRU9480 and then the Panansonic 5672, both of
> > which do not have "phone company" compatible FSK/stutter MWI, I finally
> > got smart and found out just which Panasonic phones have this feature.
> >
> > Only the following 5.8G models in their current line have FXO compatible
> > MWI. I purchased the 5771 unit and one remote. I have confimed it does in
> > fact work with Asterisk and my SPA-3000. When there is a message waiting
> > both the LCD display and a flashing indicator on the phone alert you. This
> > is true for all extensions on the system, up to 8.
> >
> > These work with both FSK and Stutter tone. I did not turn on the tone MWI
> > as the FSK worked fine.
> >

> > KX-TG5776S 5.8 GHz FHSS GigaRange. Expandable Digital Cordless Answering
> > System with a 1.5" Full-Color (65k Color Capable) Backlit LCD on Handset
> > $119.95
> >

> > KX-TG5771S 5.8 GHz FHSS GigaRange. Expandable Digital Cordless Answering
> > System with Talking Caller ID $99.95
> >

> > KX-TG5622M 5.8 GHz FHSS GigaRange Dual-Handset Phone System $89.95
> >

> > KX-TG5761S 5.8 GHz FHSS GigaRange Expandable Digital Cordless Phone with
> > Talking Caller ID $89.95
> >
> > In order for the external MWI to work you must turn on the message
> > indicator and for units that have answering machines the machine must be
> > turned off.
> >
> > Perhaps we could put together a list of analog phones that have this
> > feature. I have been told that both Uniden and ATT have models that work
> > but I have no knowledge of all that do in their entire line.
> >
> > Each brand has their own features and while the Panasonic is solid - I had
> > a 2.4G system for years and really liked it - the Unidens seems to have
> > more for the money but in this case not MWI.
> >
> > I guess you could tell I really wanted this MWI to work!
> >
> > Doug

"Those that sacrifice essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."  -- Ben Franklin (1759)

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *
* doug at crompton.com        *