[asterisk-users] How accurate is show translation?

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Sat Dec 23 01:47:24 MST 2006

On 12/23/06 09:51 Leo Ann Boon said the following:
> I would love to hear how others are using the results from show
> translation in system dimensioning. So far, I feel that dimensioning an
> Asterisk box is still mostly guesstimation :). Currently, I'm using the
> 30MHz per call rule to dimension.

on a Pentium D 2.80Ghz, we've sustained 300 simultaneous IAX2 calls
terminating in a dialplan loop that answers the call, waits 2 seconds,
plays demo-instruct and loops again.

a cursory examination revealed that a large portion of the CPU was used to
handle NIC interrupts. occasionally we got a chan_iax2.so error which said,
  "Maximum trunk data space exceeded to..."

this seems to be controlled by the MAX_TRUNKDATA constant in chan_iax2.c
which is set to 40ms of SLIN for 200 calls. it'd be nice to know what this
constant is for and what would the implications of increasing it be.

[cc'ed to -dev as well]

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)   http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/