[asterisk-users] International dialplans for Asterisk?

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Fri Dec 22 22:39:33 MST 2006

I agree, also have had this religious argument with an international
telephony professional who disagrees
He doesn't see that the variable length numbering (lack of ) plan can
really become a problem
On a similar note, since the NANP has become all electronic, there
should never have been another area code split. It is costly to business
and confusing to distant users who, after the passage of time try to
locate someone in the now split off area code.
Area codes are slowly losing their meaning as well, with LNP and VOIP
services offering an NPA unrelated to geography
With number assignments now mostly left in the laps of bureaucrats, the
NANP will soon be in the same mess as the rest of the world.

John Novack