[asterisk-users] Re: Newbie Questions - Grandstorm phones?

Henry.L.Coleman henry.coleman at voip-pbx.ca
Thu Dec 21 12:16:22 MST 2006

Yes thats the bottom line, its mostly the country code which can be 1-3
digits long. There is no rules based solution for this. Historicaly each
country picked a number "out of a hat" except the US (which had to be
number "1") because as we all know it's the centre of the universe. The
former USSR had to go for "7" and Russia still kept this after it's
break-up. All the other former USSR countries have settled on a 3 digit
number but (as far a I know) can still be accessed by dialing "7".

Henry L.Coleman CEO
*VoIP-PBX* 1-866-415-5355
Toronto Ontario
Canada