[asterisk-users] Match a Numer - then continue with dialplan

Andreas Sikkema andreas.sikkema at bbeyond.nl
Wed Dec 20 16:28:22 MST 2006

If you have no statuc stuff in your dialplan, how do you use the 'include =>' statement? We don't have users... we have companies. It's a hosted IPT service... and to make the problem even more insane, each company has multiple levels of organisational structure.

Hardly, you're not required to use it ;-)

You have heard of the s? I think in our hundreds of lines of dialplan, I think we have at most 10 lines that match extensions, the rest is all handled by s.

What we have a lot is the following in extensions.conf

include <extensions/example.conf

[default]
exten => _.,1,Goto(example-outgoing,s,1)

And then in example.conf:

[example-outgoing]

exten => s,1,DoSomeStuff
exten => s,2,SetVar(outgoingCallerID=VALUE)
exten => s,3,Goto(example_real_outgoing,s,1)

[example_real_outgoing]
exten => s,1,DoSomeMoreStuff
exten => s,2,*SET outgoign caller id*
exten => s,3,Dial()