[asterisk-users] record time with phones option buttons

Conrad Wood asterisk-users at conradwood.net
Wed Dec 20 15:12:32 MST 2006

On Wed, 2006-12-13 at 12:28 -0500, Matt Van Alst wrote:
> Anyone able to point me the right direction for the following would be
> helpful.
[..]
> Say we have Cisco 7940’s or 7960’s or any phone that has the
> additional buttons other than call appearance.  Can  we program those
> buttons to start recording that reps time to the correct division.

FWIW here's an idea:
My first shot at it would be to try it with a snom phone and it's
programmable buttons.
In theory (haven't tried) you should be able to program the snom phone
to send some digits via it's buttons. These digits can match those in
features.conf which in can run some AGI (without interrupting the call
itself).

Example:
snom phone button #1 sends **601,
features.conf:
[applicationmap]
productone => **601,Macro,logproduct,1
producttwo => **602,Macro,logproduct,2
productthree => **603,Macro,logproduct,3

[macro-logproduct]
exten => s,1,Agi(logproduct,${ARG1})

or so..

of course this can be a pain to handcode should you have loads and loads
of products, but it might work.

Let me know!

Conrad