[asterisk-users] record time with phones option buttons

Matt Van Alst mattv at markur.com
Wed Dec 13 10:28:41 MST 2006

Anyone able to point me the right direction for the following would be
helpful.

I have a client that needs to keep detailed time for how long their Customer
Service Reps. Spend on different subject with the customers.

i.e.

All CSR's are trained to take all types of calls.

For regulatory reasons they have to keep track of how long they spend
talking to a customer about different offerings.

A call comes in and they cross sell for another division in the company and
if the customer is interested they need to record their time to that
division.

Say we have Cisco 7940's or 7960's or any phone that has the additional
buttons other than call appearance.  Can  we program those buttons to start
recording that reps time to the correct division.

i.e.

CSR talks call for division #1 they press the first button on the phone.

Same CSR cross sells for division #2 they than press second button to record
time for that division

Throwing all this into a database to pull out realtime, daily or weekly
would be perfect.

Thanks

-Matt