[asterisk-users] Re: Newbie Questions - Grandstorm phones?

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Wed Dec 20 12:42:52 MST 2006

Anthony,

 Ok I understand. The "011" is unique though and I guess the problem is
the length of the remaining digits. This could vary based on country?? and
I suspect there is no unique rule that could be applied??? I have not
studied this but is there any uniqness to the remaining digits?

Doug

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006, Anthony Kepler wrote:

> I have been using an approach such as this but am looking for something
> else because of some limitations it has.  The phone thinks it dialed,
> and was connected to "011" (which it was)
> As such, that will be stored in the phones dial history (redial if
> nothing else).
> I'm not even certain what I want is possible, which is why I'm asking
> the list.
>
> Thank you for your help once again though.
>
>    - Anthony Kepler
>    anthony at jivanjeearch.com | SIP/EMail
>
> Doug Crompton wrote:
> > Well that is certainly an option but not all phones would have a send key
> > especially if you are using analog phones. I guess the # keys
> > functions in
> > that way on many of those.
> >
> > I still like my "wired" phones to work like they use to. You dial a
> > number
> > and it executes the call immediately.
> >
> > Ok I came up with one that I think would work, maybe needs some
> > refinement....
> >
> > [out-international]
> > exten => _011,1,goto(process-international,s,1)
> >
> > [process-international]
> >
> > exten => s,1,read(number)
> > exten => s,2,Dial(SIP/011${number}@gizmo,120,T)
> > exten => s,3,Macro(failann,${DIALSTATUS})
> >
> > This accepts the 011 prefix and then any number of following digits.
> > Terminator is timeout period OR # key to send. Change obviously for your
> > provider.
> >
> > The read command has many options including saying a file. You could for
> > instance hear "Country Code" after dialing 011. This would clue you into
> > the fact that you  were dialing and international call. There are also
> > digit limits and timeouts that can be set.
> >
> > So if you use early dial this would be the only rule that would require a
> > wait or # key to send. I could certainly live with that.
> >
> > Can anyone supply some international test numbers??? Say in the UK or
> > Germany or wherever outside the US.
> >
> > Doug

"Those that sacrifice essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."  -- Ben Franklin (1759)

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *
* doug at crompton.com        *