[asterisk-users] No music on hold?

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Wed Dec 20 12:24:44 MST 2006

Phil Finkler wrote:
> No, I didn’t have m added.  Should I have it added?  I know I’ve ran Asterisk with mp3123 in the past and music worked ok.  It seems when I hit the hold button on the phones, it does trigger the message saying music on hold is starting but it INSTANTLY stops.  I wish it gave some details as to WHY it stops suddenly!  This is driving me nuts.
>

> Phil

I was wondering the same thing as my MOH isn't working either in a
1.2.14 installation so I'm recompiling mpg123 as per:
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+mpg123+redhat

We know you obviously need to use the "m" flag for the caller to hear
MOH when dialing an extension, but I wonder if it's required AFTER the
call has been answered and then put on hold.

--

Warm Regards,

Lee