[asterisk-users] No music on hold?

Phil Finkler PhilF at iqconsultinginc.com
Wed Dec 20 11:26:01 MST 2006

No, I didn't have m added.  Should I have it added?  I know I've ran
Asterisk with mp3123 in the past and music worked ok.  It seems when I
hit the hold button on the phones, it does trigger the message saying
music on hold is starting but it INSTANTLY stops.  I wish it gave some
details as to WHY it stops suddenly!  This is driving me nuts.

Phil

Phil, did you add letter 'm' to your dial options??
exten => _XXX,1,Dial(SIP/XXX,60,m)

Regards
Arlen Nascimento

On 12/20/06, Phil Finkler <PhilF at iqconsultinginc.com

> I installed the asterisk-addons from source and installed them.  It
looks
> like it copied format_mp3.so but I'm not sure if 1.2.14 addons are
> compatible with asterisk 1.2.10.  Also I unpacked the asterisk source
for
> the 3 MOH .mp3's and copied them to the appropriate location.  Still
MOH is
> not working.   Any other ideas?
>
> Thanks again,
> Phil
>

> Heya,
>
> > I've got Asterisk 1.2.10 up and running on Debian using the back
ports.
> > I noticed that it didn't come with mpg123 or depend on it and I
believe
> > I read somewhere that asterisk now handles it's own mp3 playback?
Is
> > this true?  If so I must have a problem, because I hear no music
when
> > putting someone on hold.  When looking at the console when putting
> > someone on hold, I see the following:
> >
> >     -- Started music on hold, class 'default', on channel
> > 'IAX2/voicepulse01-3'
> >     -- Stopped music on hold on IAX2/voicepulse01-3
> >
> > It says music starts and then it instantly stops.  Any ideas?
>
> Do you have asterisk-addons installed? That could be the issue.
>
> J.

Arlen Nascimento