Re: [asterisk-users] spandsp 0.0.3 RxFax fax =?ISO-8859-1?Q?_reception crashes bristuffed_asterisk_1=2E2=2E13_[?= Virusgeprüft]

Lee Howard faxguy at howardsilvan.com
Wed Dec 20 10:35:06 MST 2006

Colin Anderson wrote:

>AFAIC, Hylafax + IAXmodem is the way to go for anything serious, unless we
>are talking about thousands of users and thousands of faxes per day. I don't
>even know what could be scaled to that scenario and not be unmanageable.

For the thousands and thousands scenario you could very well also still
use HylaFAX (well, HylaFAX+ would probably suit it better) and
IAXmodem.  However, you'd certainly take advantage of DID and Caller*ID
support available in both HylaFAX and IAXmodem instead of using a
one-to-one modem-to-user mapping such as you appear to be doing.

Lee.