[asterisk-users] Follow-me challenge

Chris Johnson masterof1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 19:19:31 MST 2006

On 12/18/06, Eric Jacksch <eric.jacksch at tenebris.ca> wrote:

>  Is the problem just when you don't answer the cell phone?  Many cell
> phones go to a voice announcement when they're turned off or not answered,
> and Asterisk thinks the call has been answered. The other issue could be
> that your gateway (asterisk1) is answering the call before the outbound leg
> is answered.  One workaround would be to use a macro that requires you to
> press a key to accept the call on your cell.  (See the M option to the dial
> command and http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+tips+findme)<http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+tips+findme%29>
>
> Also, I see that you're using the r option — you might want to drop that.
>
> I'm also not convinced that it will ever find 102,107 in your dialplan.
>  You might want to look at using ${DIALSTATUS} and making it a bit more
> explicit.
>
> Cheers,
> Eric

Dropped the r option and line 107.
The M option had the same result.
Based on another comment :

Is your other server patching through to a Zap channel (analog)?
If so, as soon as the dial goes out, an analog Zap channel is considered
"answered", which could be your issue.

Doesn't sound like follow-me will work properly with an analog trunk