[asterisk-users] Follow-me challenge

Eric Jacksch eric.jacksch at tenebris.ca
Mon Dec 18 21:59:21 MST 2006

Is the problem just when you don¹t answer the cell phone?  Many cell phones
go to a voice announcement when they¹re turned off or not answered, and
Asterisk thinks the call has been answered. The other issue could be that
your gateway (asterisk1) is answering the call before the outbound leg is
answered.  One workaround would be to use a macro that requires you to press
a key to accept the call on your cell.  (See the M option to the dial
command and http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+tips+findme)

Also, I see that you¹re using the r option ‹ you might want to drop that.

I¹m also not convinced that it will ever find 102,107 in your dialplan.  You
might want to look at using ${DIALSTATUS} and making it a bit more explicit.

Cheers,
Eric

On 2006-12-18 23:09, "Chris Johnson" <masterof1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> The problem I am running into is that when the call to my cellphone is made,
> it appears as though the call "completes" so it never rolls to asterisk
> voicemail.
>
> Here is my current config:
> exten => 102,1,Dial(${sipura},10,)
> exten => 102,n,playback(pls-wait-connect-call)
> exten => 102,n,Dial(IAX2/asterisk1/9139275900,10,r)
> exten => 102,n,VoiceMail( u102 at default)
> exten => 102,107,VoiceMail(b102 at default)
>
> Here is the log from asterisk:
>     -- Executing [102 at internal:2] Playback("SIP/101-0a1178c0",
> "pls-wait-connect-call") in new stack
>     -- Playing 'pls-wait-connect-call' (language 'en')
>     -- Executing [102 at internal:3] Dial("SIP/101-0a1178c0",
> "IAX2/asterisk1/9139275900|10|r") in new stack
>     -- Called asterisk1/9139275900
>     -- Call accepted by 192.168.1.2 <http://192.168.1.2>  (format ulaw)
>     -- Format for call is ulaw
>     -- IAX2/asterisk1-7 answered SIP/101-0a1178c0
>     -- Hungup 'IAX2/asterisk1-7'
>
> The one thing I will note is that there is not an analog trunk in this server.
> It hands off the outbound call to trixbox running on another server, which I
> fear may be my problem. Having said that, I will also note that I have had the
> same challenge trying to get follow-me set up on trixbox as well.
>
> Thanks

Eric Jacksch
+1 613 860-0964 Ottawa
+1 647 722-3544 Toronto
+1 514 907-0031 Montreal

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security deserve
neither liberty or security." -- Benjamin Franklin