[asterisk-users] Polycom ring backs and CID

J. Oquendo sil at infiltrated.net
Tue Dec 19 13:07:44 MST 2006

Noah Miller wrote:
> Hi -
> We'll still need to see more of your dialplan.  By your description,
> it looks like the call is failing because the Dial() times out.
Take two... My calls are NOT FAILING. Never have so let me restate...
Call comes in receptionist answers. For some ungodly reason this client
does not want voicemail, so when a call is xferred, the call goes
through fine, if no one answers it rings back to the receptionist
*SUCCESSFULLY*. However, what the client is complaining about is, it
sounds idiotic to repeat the company mantra "Thank you for calling
Foobar Co. how can I xfer your call" to a caller they just answered but
failed to be xferred successfully. Before someone asks "why identify the
caller ID" this customer also (for some ungodly reason) only wants his
CID showing up in and out. (Don't ask)

So again:

Call comes in --> Receptionist (How can I direct your call)
Receptionist --> Transfers to extension
Extension --> No answer --> Back to receptionist
Receptionist (same call) --> Thank you for calling Foobar

Easier to comprehend?