[asterisk-users] Polycom ring backs and CID

J. Oquendo sil at infiltrated.net
Tue Dec 19 11:15:57 MST 2006

Noah Miller wrote:
> Hi -
>
>> (INTERNAL)
>> 1 Call comes in to receptionist and gets transferred to someone
>> 2 No one picks up that transfer
>> 3 Call goes back to receptionist
>>
>> Now when the call goes back to the receptionist, how can I change either
>> the ringer, the callerID or both?
>

> If you're looking for the technical aspects of how to do custom
> ringtones, see here:
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Polycom+auto-answer+config
> (this page is for setting the phone to auto-answer, but changing
> ringtones is the same procedure)
>
> For setting the caller ID, see here:
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Setting+Callerid

Not what I needed but thanks... I'm using the standard Asterisk
transferring. I know there is a method to do so for parked calls:

exten => 7XX,1,SetVar(_ALERT_INFO=http://somewhere/alt.wav)
exten => 7XX,2,Set(CALLERID(name)=Parked Call)
exten => 7XX,n,ChanIsAvail(SIP/${EXTEN:1}|sj)
exten => 7XX,n,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:1}|30)
exten => 7XX,n,Goto(default,${EXTEN},102)
exten => 7XX,102,Goto(main-aa,s,1)

I'm wondering if anyone has set it up differently