[asterisk-users] Polycom ring backs and CID

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 10:31:22 MST 2006

Hi -

> (INTERNAL)
> 1 Call comes in to receptionist and gets transferred to someone
> 2 No one picks up that transfer
> 3 Call goes back to receptionist
>
> Now when the call goes back to the receptionist, how can I change either
> the ringer, the callerID or both?

We'll need to see a little more info to help you out:

1) What mechanism are you using to transfer, built-in asterisk or the
Polycom transfer key(s)?
2) What does your dial plan look like - how is it that calls are
ringing back to your receptionist?

If you're looking for the technical aspects of how to do custom
ringtones, see here:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Polycom+auto-answer+config
(this page is for setting the phone to auto-answer, but changing
ringtones is the same procedure)

For setting the caller ID, see here:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Setting+Callerid

- Noah