Fwd: [asterisk-users] Linux distro + Asterisk or Trixbox?

Steve Sobol sjsobol at JustThe.net
Mon Dec 18 00:05:43 MST 2006

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006, Andrew Joakimsen wrote:

> Sorry, I need to take that back. It's RHEL 3, RHEL 4 which we don't run
> uses Linux 2.6 but not much else is updated.

Keep in mind that the version numbers may be artificially low. Red Hat has
an obnoxious policy of back-porting patches and security fixes, so that
version X.Y may actually be functionally equivalent to the package
released three or four minor revisions later.

Neewer versions of CentOS/RHEL do have upgrades where necessary. CentOS
3.5 and later, for example, use Apache 2.

--
Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows
Victorville, California     PGP:0xE3AE35ED

It's all fun and games until someone starts a bonfire in the living room.