[asterisk-users] Linux distro + Asterisk or Trixbox?

Andrew Joakimsen joakimsen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 23:47:43 MST 2006

I've used Asterisk on a bunch of RH 7.3 machines which were then replaced by
RHEL 4. It is very stable, my biggest compliant is that RHEL(or CentOS,
which is a direct rip-off) uses outdated packages (Linux 2.4.x, Apache 1,
Mysql 4, php 4, etc) and Linux 2.4.x requires certain USB hardware to use
zaptel timing without a hardware card, so we have a bunch of these dual xeon
machines with the wrong USB hardware and can only run MeetMe on the one with
the t1 cards.

So we're moving everything over to SuSE Linux, has more up-to-date packages,
still very stable and generally runs asterisk very well.