[asterisk-users] Linux distro + Asterisk or Trixbox?

Vicky vicky.r at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 12:57:58 MST 2006

If you are really new to linux then go for trixbox . I started with trixbox
and eventually  went away from it by removing extra stuff and putting custom
compiled asterisk's and removing their rpm's . If you are good at linux then
definitely go for debian + asterisk or centos+asterisk  and put freepbx on
it for some ease of use . For production server  fop server and all are not
at all required .. Trixbox is good for newbies but it saves lot of time :) .