[asterisk-users] FYI Panasonic Wireless Phone MWI

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 04:08:16 MST 2006

> Last week I asked about MWI indicators on wireless phones that would work
> with Asterisk. I sent a message off to Panasonic asking them about it
> because in their ads they specifically stated that the indicator works
> with and requires phone company voicemail subscription.
>
> > That indicator will not work for your
> > voicemail. We do not have any phone system that has a message alert
> > indicator that will work both for your voicemail and your answering
> > machine.

Thanks Doug!  That's good to know.  I need to buy some analog cordless
phones, and that one was on my list.  Now I can scratch it off.  If it
helps, I have an AT&T cordless that does have a working MWI indicator.
 The model is 9345.  It's one of their very low-end basic models, so
I'm guessing the better models would support MWI, too.

- Noah