[asterisk-users] FYI Panasonic Wireless Phone MWI

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Thu Dec 14 23:52:39 MST 2006

Last week I asked about MWI indicators on wireless phones that would work
with Asterisk. I sent a message off to Panasonic asking them about it
because in their ads they specifically stated that the indicator works
with and requires phone company voicemail subscription.

The is the model TG5631.

Specs here...

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-KX-TG5631S-GigaRange-Cordless-Answering/dp/B000F4C2CA

and this was the response....

Go figure!

Dear MR CROMPTON

Thank you for contacting Panasonic.

The purpose of the message button of your phone system is to inform you
that you have new
messages in your answering system.  That indicator will not work for your
voicemail. We do not have any phone system that has a message alert
indicator that will work both for your voicemail and your answering
machine.

We hope this information is useful to you.

Thank You,
Panasonic Consumer Support