[asterisk-users] ztmonitor displays full bar when idle

Yuan LIU yliu11 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 15 19:41:58 MST 2006

Hardware is an SM56 card (X100P clone).  When the line hangs up, ztmonitor
displays full bar (or whatever maximum allowed by rxgain) in RX.  It only
drops zero when the line picks up (and remote was silent).  Is this
something of concern?  The zap channel seems to work despite echo.

Additionally, what's the objective of tuning with ztmonitor?  I mean, what
would indicate an optimal level? (Because display of ztmonitor depends on
the volume of the remote speaker - I'm using demo sounds from another
Asterisk, how do I tell?)  Documents I see only mentioned RX, should I be
concerned about TX?  What's a good indicator of an optimal txgain?

Yuan Liu