[asterisk-users] Iptables rule help

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Fri Dec 15 14:14:53 MST 2006

Am Samstag, den 16.12.2006, 02:32 +0530 schrieb Vicky:
> I have shifted asterisk port to 5091  . Now i am able to register
> properly using sjphone but still when dialing number it keep on
> showing calling .. and do not go ahead . I change asterisk's rtp ports
> too but still i am unable to make call . My other softphone on
> different internet isp is working properly . :(

Can your softphone reach a voicemail() extension, or echotest? Will that
work with audio in both directions?

And then, I am not sure wether I understand your setup correctly. Are
you trying

Asterisk [portblocked line].... ISP..... Internet..... Softphone

? In that case, local tests like those mentioned above will help to rule
out wether problems are on the internet part or possibly on a PRI or
whatever connected to your asterisk, over which you would like to dial
out.

BR
Anselm