[asterisk-users] Iptables rule help

Mail list asteriskmaillist at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 12:22:52 MST 2006

Hello  my isp has blocked outgoing and incoming connection for port 5060 . I
have ssh access to server so i want to   send all traffic from port 5091 to
port 5060 of asterisk .so i tried

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p udp --dport 5091 -j DNAT --to
127.0.0.1:5060

Now my softphone is able to register with asterisk but it isnt able to make
any calls .

bindport = 5091 in my sip.conf under extensions is not working .. asterisk
doesnt listen to port 5091 .. but if i put in general section of
sip.confthen it works but then asterisk wont listen on 5060 . How can
i use iptables
in this situation ?