[asterisk-users] Realtime +Mysql +Failover

Rob Schall rschall at callone.net
Wed Dec 13 09:40:14 MST 2006

Hoping someone out there has run into this or has some ideas for us.

We currently have asterisk set up with Realtime (using mysql) for its
extensions,sip and voicemail files.

The problem we are trying to solve, is one of a failover mechanism. What
if our mysql server went down.

Can Realtime be set up with a secondary mysql server to get its data
from. We can set up mysql to sync with its fellow server, and maybe when
it goes down, it couldn't make any changes (write), but either way, you
could still get the extension info, etc, so your phones would still
survive a mysql outage.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Rob