[asterisk-users] CallerID Issue (asterisk newbie)

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Wed Dec 13 09:23:40 MST 2006

Am Mittwoch, den 13.12.2006, 15:03 +0000 schrieb
cbullock at columbiacomputers.com:
> Hi guys. This is my 1st post here (after much reading). I have a test
> asterisk system setup using X-Lite Soft Phones, and the issue I am
> running into is that caller id shows up as "asterisk" on all incoming
> calls and on all local to local calls (internal). I have showcallerid,
> etc. configured in zapata.conf, but I'm drawing a blank.  When I check
> my voicemails it tells me that the message is from an unknown caller.
> I would appreciate any info.

Zapata.conf is not usually related to sip device callerid, if you have
no Zap interface.

Try setting the callerid= stuff in sip.conf appropriately.
Mine looks like this, for my desktop phone:

[sip504]
mailbox=01
callerid=504
type=friend
username=sip504
secret=YouDontKnowThis
context=sipclient
host=dynamic
nat=yes
disallow=all
allow=alaw
allow=gsm

so the callerid= line is what you should adapt.

BR
Anselm