[asterisk-users] CallerID Issue (asterisk newbie)

cbullock at columbiacomputers.com cbullock at columbiacomputers.com
Wed Dec 13 08:03:01 MST 2006

Hi guys. This is my 1st post here (after much reading). I have a test
asterisk system setup using X-Lite Soft Phones, and the issue I am
running into is that caller id shows up as "asterisk" on all incoming
calls and on all local to local calls (internal). I have showcallerid,
etc. configured in zapata.conf, but I'm drawing a blank.  When I check
my voicemails it tells me that the message is from an unknown caller.
I would appreciate any info.

-Chris