[asterisk-users] Question about hardware

Todd- Asterisk thouleasterisk at gleffsecurity.com
Wed Dec 13 08:35:44 MST 2006

Speaking of the X100P, I am going to setup an asterisk server next
week for a friend's business to replace his aging system.  He
currently has two voice lines and another line for the fax machine.
I was looking at the Sangoma A20200D but that's pretty expensive...
We're going to use Grandstream GXP's on desks...   Do I need hardware
echo cancelation (I'm thinking of using a Dell 2.0 GHz machine)?

As Asterisk can handle fax, I was going to drop the 2nd voice line,
have the phone company roll busy onto the current fax line, and use
that as the second voice line.  Can I just use two of the X100
cards?  Or is that asking for trouble?

thanks
    Todd