[asterisk-users] zapata.conf & zaptel.conf

Michael Collins mcollins at fcnetwork.com
Tue Dec 12 19:16:53 MST 2006

> I am configuring two cards in Trixbox. 1 TE110P T-1 card and one
TDM2400P
> with 16 fxs ports (All 24 show up in zaptel.conf so the PRI channels
start
> at 25). Can I use a channel range to separate the config for each
card, as
> shown below, or do I have to enter configs for each channel?
>
> Also in zaptel.conf I see that the TDM card is span 1 board zero, And
the
> T-1 card is Span 2 board 0. So for the T-1 card I entered
> span=2,1,0,esf,b8zs"
>
> Is this correct? What are the trailing 1,0 for after the span ID?

Check out:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Zaptel.conf+span+syntax

> OT-In reference to posting messages-what is "top posting"?

Top posting means putting your reply at the very top of your post and
leaving the thread contents below.  You'll notice that I left your
original post mostly in tact, cutting out only the boring email header
info.  It is proper etiquette not to "top post" but instead put your
replies at the very end of the post so that those reading it can see it
in chronological order.  If everyone "top posted" then the quoted thread
would be in reverse chronological order and you'd need to scroll to the
bottom to see the start of the discussion and then scroll up as you
read.  Most of us prefer to scroll down as we read! :)