[asterisk-users] Input on Dundi

David Thomas punknow at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 13:32:01 MST 2006

On 12/12/06, Douglas Garstang <dgarstang at oneeighty.com> wrote:
> [...]

Thanks for the tip Doug. Even when registration periods are set low,
the clients don't know which new server to register to. It would be
great to use SRV, however most of our clients are also Asterisk boxes,
and as you know Asterisk does not support multiple SRV lookups.

We have used DNS failover on other services in the past and have
thought to try this with asterisk. Basicly our clients would register
to FQDN like reg1.mydomain.com, then when that box fails we'd have DNS
re-direct that name to a the IP of reg2.mydomain.com.

This seems to work with web and ftp, but I'm not sure how asterisk
will respond. Any thoughts?

David