[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.2.12 + fedora core 5 and TDM04B IRQ issues

Tharanga tharanga at roomsnet.com
Mon Dec 11 23:13:39 MST 2006

Hello,

I have installed asterisk version 1.2.12 and latest zaptel modules. but i
can see some IRQ conflicts on the server. iam uisng two TDM04B cards.
according to my previous knowledge on asterisk verison 1.07 asterisk has
given lot of erros when starting if you have assigned the same IRQ number to
any other device.

My question is new releae version 1.2.12 has resolved the IRQ issue ??
TDM04B cards can  share IRQ with another device. or should it have a unique
IRQ for porper performance.
any drawbacks with using the shared IRQ ? i mean random call
hangups../..echo..etc ( i can start my asterisk verison even with IRQ
sharing..but earlier version didnt support it..)

hope new verison has fixed that issue. please let me know..

my cat /proc/inturrupts  with in 10 sec gives 100008 interrupts.
and zttest is 99.999987%

problem is i cant change my PCI slots..i have only 4 slots..2 for NIC's and
2 for TDM04B's

many thanks,
Tharanga