[asterisk-users] CLI History

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Mon Dec 11 13:35:45 MST 2006

For crying out loud, why is this so hard to understand? It isn't rocket science. I said that when I exit the CLI and re-enter, no matter what my previous set of commands was, when I hit the UP arrow key, it was always 'stop now'. 'Stop now' WAS NOT MY PREVIOUS COMMAND.

For the person that suggested maybe unknown commands are not added to the history...

hera*CLI> show channels
Channel              Location             State   Application(Data)
0 active channels
0 active calls
hera*CLI> sip show channels
Peer             User/ANR    Call ID      Seq (Tx/Rx)  Form  Hold     Last Message
0 active SIP channels
hera*CLI>
(I Pressed Ctrl-c here)

[13:31][root at hera(pbx3):~]# asterisk -trv
Asterisk 1.2.9.1, Copyright (C) 1999 - 2006 Digium, Inc. and others.
Created by Mark Spencer <markster at digium.com>
Asterisk comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; type 'show warranty' for details.
This is free software, with components licensed under the GNU General Public
License version 2 and other licenses; you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain conditions. Type 'show license' for details.
Connected to Asterisk 1.2.9.1 currently running on hera (pid = 18149)
Verbosity is at least 3
hera*CLI> stop now (I pressed the up arrow key here)

As you can see, my previous commands where 'show channels' and 'sip show channels'. When I exited the CLI and re-entered and pressed ctrl-c, the commands in the history where not 'show channels and 'sip show channels' but 'stop now' instead.

Doug.