[asterisk-users] IAX2 to SIP protocol translation overhead?

David Thomas punknow at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 12:35:20 MST 2006

Just wondering if there is much CPU overhead in the translation from
IAX2 to SIP, and how taxing this function is as compared to
transcoding.

We're trying to build an efficient system and would like to avoid
taxing the CPU as much as possible. Our upstream service provider is
100% SIP, however we'd like to use IAX2 in our network as well, if it
does not cause too much overhead.

Not sure if it matters, but we will be running aprox 100 simultaneous calls.

Thanks,
David