[asterisk-users] Recommendations for QoS, PoE Switches

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 20:30:58 MST 2006

Switches should be Layer 2 or Layer 3, and what's the difference. I saw that
Adtran Netvanta are very expensive, but they are only Layer 2 switches. Do
they provide support for the installation?

Another question I have is about 10/100/1000 Mbps. In a standard switch,
ports don't actually work at 100 Mbps. But in a Netvanta grade switch, do
all the ports work at 100 Mbps at all the times, or do they come down to 10
Mbps?