[asterisk-users] Xen, Asterisk & ISDN: Timing Problems

Arik Raffael Funke arik.funke at gmx.de
Sun Dec 10 18:42:51 MST 2006

Hi,

is anybody running asterisk on a xen domU and can give an opinion on the
following:

I have delegated a FritzCard and a HFC card to my domU and installed an
asterisk setup that was running on the same isdn hardware but on a
dedicated machine flawlessly.

I experienced what I believed to be timing problems: sometimes calls on
the Fritzcard did not seem to "reach" asterisk, when calls were being
made, sometimes they were horribly distorted. I quickly abandoned the
project at the time for lack of time. I would now make another trial.

Can anybody tell me if the problems I was having were more likely to
result from the fact that the isdn hardware was dedicated to the domU
(i.e. maybe that produces some sort of bottleneck!?) or from too little
ram allocated to my domU? (I believe I had 128 MB or so)

Thanks,
Arik