[asterisk-users] tx_fax

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Sun Dec 10 16:16:35 MST 2006

I have not had much luck with tx_fax and spandsp.

I am using centos 4.4 and spandsp spanshot from Dec 9.
I have tried both a TDM2402E card and a T1 card with no hardware echo
cancellation.
I am getting the same results with both cards.
I am using asterisk 1.2.13.

I might receive 1 page or 3 or 2 pages of 3 but never 3 full pages.
Also having received the fax (fax machine has hung up)
the fx_fax continues to run for some time.

I have tried two diffenent fax machines also - with the
same behavior. 1 is an actual fax machine the other is a fax service.

Seemed pretty straight forward to install spandsp and the two files
for asterisk and apply the patch.

Any ideas why I might not be getting successful faxes?
Do others experience this also? I am not using VOIP in this mix.
The server makes calls directly on the same box out the analog or T1 lines.

THanks,

Jerry