[asterisk-users] Question on retrieve_file() function in app_voicemail.c

jezzzz . jezonthenet at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 10 15:54:05 MST 2006

It's interesting, I went through the
play_message_callerid function, and while it does use
the caller ID that is parsed from the meta-data file,
it does not use the name at any point. It will only
say the name if it was previously recorded and is
stored in Asterisk. So if you're calling from outside
the context of the person you're calling and you added
your name, it will never be played. Maybe this name is
used with ADSI to show on a phone's display.

--- Anselm Martin Hoffmeister
<anselm at hoffmeister-online.de> wrote:

> Am Sonntag, den 10.12.2006, 12:51 -0800 schrieb
> jezzzz .:
> > Amazing, exactly what I was looking for, thanks so
> > much! Question about the callerid:
> >
> > callerid="201" <201>
> >
> > Means that "201" is the name of the extension
> (which
> > is provided by the person who called and left a
> > message) and <201> is the actual number (or
> location)
> > of the extension. Is that correct?
>
> I usually set CALLERID(name)=CALLERID(num) somewhere
> in my dialplan,
> because I have a few Siemens phones behind
> FritzBoxes, and they tend to
> give unreliable CLID with certain names.
>
> However I just updated my dialplan to have an
> additional exten, setting
> CALLERID(name), and ended up with

server2:/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/01/INBOX#